Show Mobile Navigation

Templateism?

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Emenike delighted to be back

Abraham - July 23, 2013

Emenike delighted to be back

 

Nigeria striker Emmanuel Emenike is grateful to be playing again, and scoring goals, after a lengthy injury absence for club and country.

 

After hamstring and knee injuries left him sidelined since earlier this year - the latter having required surgery - Emenike marked his return to full match action on Sunday for Russian club Spartak Moscow in fine style.

 

The 26-year-old came off the bench in the second half at Ural, before going on to score Spartak's second at the death to complete a 2-0 victory for Valeri Karpin's men.

 

"I thank God for the progress I have made. My job on the field as a striker is to score goals, I will be glad to get more goals and help my team get many victories in the subsequent games," Emenike told MTNFootball.

 

"I don't just want to be scoring goals, I always want to score goals that will give my team victory."

 

The Super Eagles hitman has not featured for Stephen Keshi's side since their Africa Cup of Nations triumph in South Africa back in February.

 

Emenike added: "From the bottom of my heart, I dedicate the goal to my family and fans all over the world for standing by me during the time I was injured."

0 comments:

Post a Comment