Show Mobile Navigation

Templateism?

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

WOMEN WHO RULE THE AIRWAVES: TOP FEMALE OAPs IN LAGOS

Abraham - November 13, 2013

A radio personality is a personality who appears in on-air position in radio broadcasting. In Lagos, some individuals have distinguished themselves making Lagosians happy as they go behind the mic daily. We take a look at some of these individuals.This time around, we are focussing our attention on top female OAPs in Lagos.

Wana Udobang (Wana Wana)- Inspiration FM 92.3

Wana Udobang or Wana Wana as she is fondly called hosts the Afternoon Drive on weekdays from 4-7pm and the Sunday from 12.30-6pm. She hosts popular segments like The Birthday Show and Safe Wheels Traffic Tips, business programmes and Property Today and with the exit of Chaz B from Inspiration FM, she now hosts Sharing Life’s Issues.
Wana joined the Inspiration Family in February 2009 as a co-host with Dan Forster on the Breafast Jam before joining Chaz B on the evening shift and consequently flying solo. Wana graduated from the University for the Creative Arts in England with a first class in Journalism.
You can listen to Wana every week day in the evening time belt .

Tolulope ‘Toolz’ Oniru- Beat FM 99.9

Tolulope ‘Toolz’ Oniru,  is a vivacious and award-winning on-air personality.
She currently hosts her own radio show ‘The Midday Show with Toolz’ (weekdays) on one of Nigeria’s  top urban radio stations – The Beat 99.9FM. (www.thebeat99.com)
Toolz also hosts ‘The Juice’ on NdaniTV an online initiative powered by GTBank. (ndani.tv)
Before trying her hand at radio presenting on the Beat 99.9FM, Toolz gained extensive experience
within the British entertainment industry, having worked at MTV Networks Europe for several years
before moving on to the Walt Disney Motion Pictures Group.
Toolz’s desire for new challenges had her considering a move to Lagos in mid-2008…she eventually took the plunge in 2009 and auditioned to be a radio presenter at the Beat 99.9FM after a friend mentioned the new radio station to her before she moved to Lagos. After a successful audition process, Toolz began hosting her own radio show in April 2009 and her blend of natural humour, love of most things showbiz, passion for music and strong African entertainment knowledge makes her show one of the most sought after –by listeners and celebrities alike.

Joyce Odichinma Onyemuwa- Cool FM 96.9

Joyce Odichinma Onyemuwa has been in radio for over five years. An avid music lover and pianist, Joyce enjoys the opportunity of introducing new perspectives of life through her afternoon radio programme on Cool-FM 96.9 station. The international business undergraduate of the University of South-Africa lives and breathes philosophy although she merely sees herself only as a thinker. Below are excerpts of her views about life.
Defining Joyce
I’m not a philosopher, I’m a thinker. It is a part of me, what defines me, fills me, reveals and emphasizes me; it helps me look at life from different angles. I wonder why “thinker” is not my middle name!
I used to work with FRCN, Brila FM Abuja and Lagos. Isn’t it amazing that your livelihood depends on what you have to say and some days you just don’t feel like saying anything, I mean how do you deal with that? I’m like a mental painter, going over and dissecting stuff I hear and see. You wake up every morning because you define what you say and what you say defines you. Over the years my perspective has changed, things I couldn’t talk about five years ago are easier for me to talk about now, I can talk about anything.

Gbemi Olateru-Olagbegi- Beat FM 99.9

Her full name is Adegbemisola Moradeke Olateru-Olagbegi.
Her interview with Punch Newspaper recently will give you an insight to this lovely OAP.
“I actually got into radio as a course requirement in school. I started reading the news at the student radio station at Oakland University, Rochester, Michigan. When I returned to Nigeria, I started serving at NTA, Victoria Island. And I had a part time job at Cool FM as a news editor. I walked into the studio to drop off the news and I got chatting with Dan Foster. I became his co-host from that day. After a few minutes of chatting, he told me to grab a pair of headphones and join him on air. I got my own show soon after.
It’s a great job. I get to play good music every weekday, interact with listeners, stars and important people. Radio has also opened so many doors for me. I’m currently in the middle of production for my TV show. I also run a media company called Speakerboxx.”

Toke Makinwa- Rhythm FM 93.7

Toke Makinwa, burst onto the scene in 2010 after the premiere of her late night radio show, "Rhythms of the Night," hosted by one of the most popular music stations in the Lagos Metropolitan area, Rhythm 93.7FM. The show caters to night owls who enjoy smooth melodies that evoke a sense of peace, serenity and calm; qualities that this 27-year old exudes so effortlessly. This year, she landed the role of lead anchor on Flytime Entertainment's online show "3 Live Chicks" alongside popular radio presenters, Oreka Godis and Tosyn Bucknor, where she was able to take charge of a live interview and dish on news across the board from hot topics to real day-to-day issues."I'm not one to shy away from the camera or back down on a challenge and that's why the Nigerian viewers love me'" she says.
A graduate from the University of Lagos, Toke had always known that her charm and alluring countenance belonged in the spotlight. In 2011, she started to build her portfolio working as a co-host on 'The Morning Drive,' where she keeps her loyal listeners entertained with news across the continent and the globe.

Tosyn Bucknor ( Areaaaa. CON.tra.diction) Top Radio 90.9

Tosyn Bucknor is a morning show radio host working at Top Radio 90.9.
Tosyn studied Law at the University of Lagos, and the Nigerian Law School but she had always been attracted to writing, talking, acting, singing and more.
In university, Tosyn famously wanted to quit and start a band but she stayed put and instead joined a band and an entertainment company known as atunda ENT.
After University, Tosyn attended the Nigerian Law School and then served at ACMGS Elelenwo, a secondary school in Port Harcourt where she taught Literature-In-English and English Language.
After that, she came back to Lagos and began blogging, writing, and working in the media and entertainment circles. She also recorded a couple of songs.
She began working at Top Radio 90.9 where she currently handles the morning radio show known as 'Top of the Morning' with a popular segment known as the 'Areaaaa show'

0 comments:

Post a Comment