Show Mobile Navigation

Templateism?

Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Interview:17yr Old Lorde Diss Drake and Nicki Minaj

Abraham - November 27, 2013

1457645_257488074401233_41826597_nn

17-year-old, New Zealand born songstress, Lorde, has given her opinion on high-rolling rappers in a candid chat with Interview Magazine.

The “Royals” singer spoke about the beginning stages of making her ‘Love Club EP,’ and commented on the music scene, mentioning the music of Nicki Minaj and Drake. ”The middle of last year I started listening to a lot of rap, like Nicki Minaj and Drake, as well as pop singers like Lana Del Rey,” says Lorde to Interview Magazine. “They all sing about such opulence, stuff that just didn’t relate to me - or anyone that I knew.  I began thinking, ‘How are we listening to this? It’s completely irrelevant.’ I basically just wrote what we were all thinking.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment