Show Mobile Navigation

Templateism?

Friday, February 28, 2014

DEAR PASTOR, WARN YOUR MEMBER 3

Abraham - February 28, 2014

Chukwuemeka arrived the church premises some minutes before 5pm. He moved over to the church annex; there was nobody there. On his way back to the main auditorium, he saw Chinwe and Cally making their way into the church premises.

They exchange greetings and everybody moved into the auditorium. Joy and Pat later joined exactly 5pm.

Cally: What happened; why the sudden summon?

Joy: Well, we are all here. We will soon find out

Chinwe: I remember the last time we were summoned like this. Our hairs were nearly removed.

Pat:  Hahaha! Chinwe; I can still recall that day like it was yesterday. How you kept fighting back tears.

Chinwe: See you. Who cried that day? Cally; you remember what you said to her that day?

Cally: Chinwe and I are friends now. I don’t look for her trouble anymore.

Chukwuemeka: I hear you. You no longer trouble her? Are you sure?

Chinwe: Don’t him! He is the number one ‘troubler’ of Israel.

Chuwuemeka: Pastor is here!

Joy: Ghen! Ghen!

All of them burst out laughing as the pastor made his way into the auditorium.

All: Good evening sir!

Pastor: God bless you. How are you all doing?

All: Fine sir!

Pastor: Sorry, I came late. I met the Area coordinator on my way.  Well, let’s start.  Chinwe; please say a word of prayer for us.

Chinwe said a very short opening prayer. Pastor Sampson continued from where he stopped before the prayer.

Pastor Sampson: The meeting is not going to be a long one. I just called the meeting for us to review your activities and see areas we can reinforce. I must confess, you guys have been awesome. I haven’t had any need to intervene in your activities.

They looked at their overall attendance and how they could make choir members adhere to the rules and be better representatives wherever they are. The excos were mandated to recruit at least ten members in the next two months. Pastor Sampson prayed for them and ended the meeting.

As they were going out, Pastor Sampson called Chukwuemeka.

Pastor Sampson: Ehen! Bro Chuks, there’s this letter I want us to look at together. Take, read it and tell me what you think.

The pastor handed over the letter to Chukwuemeka and watched him as he read through the letter.

Chukwuemeka: Rubbish! So is this the “I will show you” this man has been talking about. Rubbish.

Pastor Sampson: Are you saying these didn’t happen? Are you saying this man fabricated these things?

Chukwuemeka: Sir, you don’t need to break your head over this crap. Just come to the compound yourself. I will call a meeting of the people in the compound and invite him to say exactly all he wrote here.

Pastor Sampson: So why did he have to do this?

Chukwuemeka: I confronted him in the last meeting. For the past three months; he had not paid the NEPA bill we have been paying to him. He would come up with all sorts of bill for us to pay. I told him if everybody fell for him, I would not. He shouted me down and promised to show me in that compound. So this is what he planned to do to me? Pastor, please, ignore that man.

Pastor looking relieved and wishing Chukwuemeka told him all the truth.

Pastor Sampson: don’t worry I will find time and confront him.

Chukwuemeka: No problem sir. Anytime sir!

Pastor Sampson: Don’t confront him o. Just carry on as if you didn’t hear anything. I hope you greet him?

Chukwuemeka: Yes sir, I do.

Pastor Sampson: Great. Let’s go. I will look into this later.

Chukwuemeka: Okay sir.

The two exit the Church Premises.

Chukwuemeka met the rest of the excos waiting at the adjoining street to the church.

Pat: What is the matter? The way pastor called you back; there must be something.

Chukwuemeka: Nothing jare… I will tell you later.

Chinwe: Okay guys I have to run now. Come for practice early o

Chukwuemeka: Joy, you know why Pastor called me back?

Joy: My caretaker reported me to the Pastor. You won’t believe all the allegations he levelled against me.

Joy: Are you for real; what did he say you did?

Chukwuemeka: Pastor doesn’t want me to discuss the issue with anybody. The summary is the guy tried to tarnish my image. He came up with all manner of things.  Don’t worry, you will still hear everything in details at the appropriate time.

***The story continues***

0 comments:

Post a Comment