Old Reports:While police in the Northern California city of Stockton searched Saturday for an accomplice in a bank robbery that led to a police chase and deadly shootout, investigators said they suspect the same men carried out other area bank heists, including one earlier this year at the same branch that was hit this week.![]()
Updates On California bank heist:
A 19-year-old California man was charged Monday with three counts of murder in the deaths of a hostage and two alleged accomplices, and 22 counts of attempted murder of police officers in a bank robbery and running gun battle.
Related Stories
A judge read a total of 35 felony counts to defendant Jaime Ramos involving the robbery on Wednesday at a Bank of the West in Stockton.
The charges, including kidnapping and robbery, could make Ramos eligible for the death sentence if convicted. He is also charged with being a gang member, carjacking and evading police.
It remained unclear who fired the fatal shots in the robbery-shootout. However, California law allows murder charges to be considered against anyone involved in crimes in which someone is killed.
Deputy District Attorney Robert Himelblau said his office won't decide whether to seek the death penalty until much later in the legal process.
0 comments:
Post a Comment